- Book Name & Author The most important entries to input, blank
Default book name is the documet name or the folder of web pages.
- Save You can indicate the saving location and file name
manually or leave them as default.
After import, the saving path and file name will show on the panel, default pPth is what already set in Settings , where you can change the rule there.
Default ePub file name will be the document name or the folder name of web pages, if you don't consent, you can change it by clicking the button Change.
After making, the saving path and name will become links, you can click the path to open the target folder, and click the name to invoke a reader to open the ePub. (You can install a ePub Reader on your machine and associate *.epub to view the ePub.)
- Publisher Publisher name will be written inside ePub file, this will only take effect for purchased version.
- Language Some ereader will not work properly if the language
is not defined. You will also need to specify the language to use dictionary,
such as on iBooks.
Customize your language If your language is not in list, you can press "More" to add your language to the list, and remove those you don't need. You can re-position them in list, such as move you language to first as the default language.
Languages not in the default list are not tested. East Asian languages are still problematic, if you found any language not work, please tell us.
- Subject Subject definition varies on bookstore and publishing house, please input directly or leave it blank.
- ID You can input ISBN or other book identity here or leave it blank.
- Description A short brief description of the book, which will show on shelf or library.
- Save Path
- Save to the same .... The ePub book will be saved besides the original document or web pages in the same folder.
- Save to default ... The ePub book will be saved to a common specified common folder, which you can indicate.
- Save Path Textbox You can input the path you want your books saved to, the default path is Mybook inside where ePub Maker installed.
- Auto Extract Chapter Title Auto generate chapter title from
file name or HTML title. But you can always edit chapter titles in file
- from File Name The file name will be set as the title.
- from HTML Title HTML Title will be set as chapter title, useful if every HTML file title is already set well. If the HTML title is blank, the file name will be set as title.
- from First Heading The first heading text will be extracted as chapter title. If there's no heading in the chapter, file name will be used instead.
(This is added from version 1.2)
- Auto Split Word HTML* Split Word HTML into pieces on section breaks, this function will make ePub more fast to load and paging, and a TOC(list of chapter titles) can be generated naturally. Strongly recommended.
- Generate a Title Page Insert a separate title page with book name and author, if there's no cover and not title in side you can use this function to create a simple text cover page.
- Optimize Word HTML* Make Word generated HTML clean and neat,
Accurate Mode Keep most original appearance.
Extreme Mode Only keep document outline, can be used with Replace Style.
- Pass ePubCheck Assures the result epub can pass the
strict check of epubcheck. But ePubcheck doesn't mean the epub standard of
Apple or Adobe. About 95% documents can be guaranteed, but document
with nested tables and list will
* The option will only effect import from Word and need re-import for modification to take effect.
- Absolute Font Size Checking this will make device can not change the font size, only for special purpose.
- Relative Font Size - em ePub Maker will convert absolute font size information in Word into relative font size on em, so that reader can scale font size.
- Relative Font Size - 7 levels Convert absolute font size into a simpler relative font size system, font sizes will be divided into 7 basic levels ( according to CSS standard).
- em Base Font Size
By default(auto), ePub Maker can pick up the default font size in Word as base font size for 1em,
if this is not proper, you can specify your base font size to scale whole font sizes.
For example, if base font size is 16px (1em = 16px), 32px font will be converted into 2em, and so on.
- Allow Page Break From ePub Maker 1.7, page break is supported. Page break in Word can be converted into ePub page break automatically. But due to a bug of Word, which will generate page break information inside table cell or other position invalid for ePub(this Word bug can not be corrected or patched by ePub Maker), we have to offer this option for such occasion to delete page breaks to get valid ePub.
- Allow Line Height Line Height is very important for print in Word, but eReaders allow font scaling, static line height may not fit. You can check this off to delete line-height information to allow eReaders use their default line height or check it on to reserve your original line height. Allow Page Break
- Allow Negative Value If there're negative value in Word style, such as margin, letter spacing, you can reserve or delete these values by checking this option. Negative value can make your content looks weird on screen, so option default is unchecked.
- Remove HTML Element You can remove some kinds of HTML element in all your web pages.
All above items need re-import to take effect.
- External Source Editor
(This is only for professional ePub makers, experts.)
Specify an external text editor to edit the source codes of ePub file.
Only *.exe with full path allowed, input or click Set button to choose.
- ePubCheck Path
(This should be configured by experts)
Specify the full path of ePubCheck.
Only *.jar with full path allowed, input or click Set button to choose.
Java Runtime Environment and EpubCheck are needed to be installed correctly.
Download ePubcheck and extract to harddisk, then choose it from that location.
You can check the log to monitor the process.
Save settings can make your current options as default settings.
You can save the settings and advanced settings by clicking the button Save Settings at the bottom of the Settings Panel.